Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas is next week?!







So I am a blogger slacker. I have been so busy the past few weeks with drill team (it is competition season) that I have neglected my blogging duties! I will never live up to any of you, but I guess I will keep doing this, because at least it saves me from having to send out the dreaded "Christmas Letter" trying to catch everyone up on the last year. So, as I logged on today, I saw my countdown. 9 days til Christmas?! Does Google allow profanity? I am dying. I really am so behind this year. Luckily, my parents are awesome enough to throw a Christmas Party for all the Grandkids on Saturday night, and hopefully Kris and I can go finish up.

So, over the weekend, my drill girls competed in a competition at Jordan High, and took 1st place in Military and Dance! I am so proud of them! They are such great girls, and I am so lucky to work with such talented athletes- yes, drill is a sport!! (The top picture is one of my team at the premiere of Twilight- I took the team to see it). At the competition, I talked to Terri Hall, who coaches Davis. I haven't seen her kids in a few years, and they are close to Dylan and Jayden's ages. I saw them, and they were so big! That made me realize, my kids are getting big! Dylan turned 7, yes I said 7, yesterday. He is a big 1st grader that is so into legos, PSP, Spiderman, and is an incredible reader. He just finished up his basketball season (see above, #24), and finally got the confidence this year to start dribbling and shooting the ball during the game. He scored a bunch of baskets this season, and made Kris pay him $1 a shot! Jayden is 3 1/2, and marches to her own drum. She has all my "looks" down (see above), and can shoot them back at me anytime. She loves to dance, play babies, kitchen, and even play Iron Man with Dylan.
Well, tomorrow is Dylan's friend party, and I have about a billion things to do. If anyone wants to help supervise a bundle of 7 year olds laser tagging, you are more than welcome to come. Somehow I doubt anyone will respond with enthusiasm.






No comments: